Trip to Bremen and some updates!

A lot has happened over the past month and a half. Living in Germany has been a roller coaster ride so far. everything is still quite new, I am still adjusting to the environment here and classes have been quite on the difficult end. 

Adjusting to life here in Tübngen has had its ups and downs. To begin with, the transportation system here is amazing. I love being able to hop on a bus and go to the other side of the city within 30 minutes. But there's also a downside to this. A few days ago, I experienced my first encounter with a bus strike. I woke up, got ready, and made my way to the bus stop, waiting for my bus to go to my morning lecture. Thankfully, I was there an hour ahead of the lecture– because I planned to have breakfast at the Mensa (cafeteria near the lecture hall). I waited for about 15 minutes for the bus (thinking it was just very late) until someone walking by asked if I was waiting for the bus. To my surprise, they said that the buses were on strike today. To say that I was frustrated is an understatement–no one told me! So I pulled out my GPS phone and walked to class. It took me about an hour to get to class because of the many, many hills... Long story short, I will now start to look up daily strike updates on the Deutsche Bahn app before i decide to walk over to the bus stop!

On a different note, both of my Neuroscience courses have been super interesting so far. The class workload is definitely less than it is at HWS but since they're both graduate level, I have to learn more material in advance in order to understand the lectures themselves. Because of this, I always feel behind during lectures but hopefully, it'll get better over the semester!

Now to the highlight of today's blog: my trip to Bremen and my friend's graduation!

Bremen is quite different from Tübingen, both in appearance and culture. Unlike Tübingen, Bremen has a slightly more modern feel to it. It's fascinating to see how the architecture and atmosphere can change from one German city to another. Now I understand why so many people say that the north and south of Germany are very different! 

The best part about my trip was attending my childhood friend's graduation–it was truly amazing! I hadn't seen her in quite a while (3 years). Interestingly, when I mentioned Tübingen the students at Jacobs University, they had no idea where it was. This was interesting because some of them were German. This begs a stark difference between the north and the south-ish. Most of my friends in Tübingen knew where Bremen was....

Below are some pictures from Bremen!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final blog post: A Farewell

Tübingen Stadtfest